A training course for teachers returning to mentoring trainees or Newly Qualified teachers.
This will consist of one session hosted at Sandringham School in St Albans on the following dates:
- Final date/time to be advised
Who is this course for?
Teachers who have some experience of mentoring but wish to refresh their skills and be updated on the new expectations for mentors.
What are the objectives or outcomes?
On this programme participants will:
- Become familiar with the new standards for Initial Teacher training mentors
- Work with experienced mentors in effective strategies for supporting and developing trainee teachers
- Reflect on the responsibilities in meeting both teacher standards for trainees and mentor standards.
Areas of focus
- Training for effective mentoring to support colleagues to meet the teaching standards and be reflective on their practice.
- Ways to successfully deliver the national standards for Initial Teacher training.
- Delivery from experienced mentors in expanding your mentoring skills to support colleagues in their career development.
Meet the facilitator
During her career, Tessa has held a number of roles: Head of History, Head of House, Head of Faculty and Professional Learning Mentor. She was awarded AST status in 2008 and has since used her skills and knowledge to support NQTs in Hertfordshire as well as colleagues in her own school to develop their teaching and learning strategies.