More than just doing assemblies!
This course consists of two twilights offering an insight into the skills and demands of pastoral roles in school including staff and student well being and using data. They will take place at Beaumont School and run from 4pm to 5.30pm on the following dates:
- Tuesday, 16th October 2018
- Tuesday, 20th November 2018
Who is this course for?
This course is for those who are in their first or second year of pastoral leadership and those that are considering a move into a head of year/house/faculty role.
What are the intended outcomes of the session?
In this workshop participants will:
- Understand the importance of pastoral care and its impact on teaching and learning.
- Understand the relationship between leadership and trust.
- Learn how to engage with data to support outstanding learning and progress.
- Develop key strategies to support emotional and behaviour needs.
- Reflect on best practice through sharing of ideas.
Meet the facilitator
Elena Dundjerovic is an Assistant Headteacher at Beaumont School with over 20 years of coaching and teaching experience. Her role involves overseeing student welfare including mental health and disadvantaged students. Elena has experience of pastoral leadership from Year 7 to 6th form and is guided by her firm belief of ‘the whole child is the whole point’ (Stephen Tierney).