This network is a chance for Teachers of Design and Technology to meet to discuss current issues in Design Technology Education, to create cross school relationships and share ideas and best practise.
These sessions will take place at Sandringham School as follows:
Session 1: Autumn Term date tbc
Session 2: Spring Term date to be agreed at session 1
Session 3: Summer Term date to be agreed at session 2
We will discuss the ways that blended learning can enhance and support our subject specifically. Teachers have had to upskill in various forms of digital learning during recent time. We will share and learn some simple but effective tools that are D&T specific. We will discuss how we can integrate technology into our day-to-day processes to enhance student outcomes and experience.
In this session we will discuss the benefit of industry links in the community and how to create them. We will have guest speakers from industry discussing how they can support our lessons and curriculum.
This session is TBC based on the feedback from the previous sessions.
On this programme participants will:
- Discuss current best practise and new ideas.
- Discuss ways we can stay up to date with our ever-changing subject.
- Discuss how we can use blended learning to enhance the outcomes and experiences of students in D&T.
- Be introduced to digital tools and take-away ideas for use in lessons.
- Share ideas on how best to set- up industry links in the community and how to harness them to provide opportunities for students.
Areas of focus:
- Blended learning.
- Inspiring students with industry links.
- Networking with other colleagues.
Who is the course for?
All teachers of Design and Technology from ECTs to HoDs.
Meet the facilitator
Teacher of Design and Technology at Sandringham School. Freelance practitioner in Design Education. Advocate of Design Thinking and STEAM. Experienced Head of D&T. Working in an SLE capacity at The Ridgeway Academy. Graduate of RADA, Goldsmiths and Aberystwyth. @trudibarrow