A programme of three sessions for support staff leaders in schools.
This course is hosted at schools across the alliance.
The sessions will run from 9.00am to 10.30am on the following dates:
- Monday 24th September 2018 at Sandringham School
- Wednesday 3rd October 2018 at Samuel Ryder Academy
- Thursday 8th November 2018 at St Albans Girls’ School
Who is this course for?
Colleagues involved in managing and leading others within a school setting. Delegates may be aspiring to be in role or currently in a position of leading a team.
What are the objectives or outcomes?
On this programme participants will:
- Reflect on their personal strengths
- Develop skills of leadership
- Explore their own vision and values
Areas of Focus
The areas of focus will include:
- Management or leadership? Understanding leadership styles
- The nuts and bolts: Action planning for change
- Leading successful change
- Effective team management
- Emotional intelligence, managing yourself and others
- Financial management
Meet the facilitators
Karen Paul is currently Assistant Headteacher at Sandringham School responsible for staff development. She is an accredited National College outstanding facilitator and leads CPD for the Alban Teaching School Alliance.
As an SLE she has a particular interest in professional learning and supporting middle leadership across all subjects.
During her career, Tessa has held a number of roles: Head of History, Head of House, Head of Faculty and Professional Learning Mentor. She was awarded AST status in 2008 and has since used her skills and knowledge to support NQTs in Hertfordshire as well as colleagues in her own school to develop their teaching and learning strategies.
During her career, Hazel has held a number of senior roles including Assistant Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher and more recently the Chair Operations Officer for the Scholars’ Education Trust. In her leadership roles, Hazel has been responsible for support staff winning the nationally prestigious “School Business Manager of the Year Award” and becoming a Fellow of the Association of School Business Managers. She has extensive experience of delivering keynote speeches and providing bespoke training on a range of different themes and topics.