We are delighted to offer this programme consisting of three sessions for support staff leaders in schools hosted at schools across the alliance as follows:
- Thursday, 24th September 2020 at St Albans Girls’ School: 9-11am – Leadership styles and having difficult conversations
- Thursday, 8th October 2020, 9-11am at Sir John Lawes School: Financial management
- Thursday 22nd October 2020 at St Albans Girls’ School: 9-11am – Strategies to promote effective change
Who is this course for?
Colleagues involved in managing and leading others within a school setting. Delegates may be aspiring to be in role or currently in a position of leading a team.
What are the objectives or outcomes?
On this programme participants will:
- Reflect on their personal strengths
- Develop skills of leadership
- Explore their own vision and values
Areas of Focus
The areas of focus will include:
- Management or leadership? Understanding leadership styles
- The nuts and bolts: Action planning for change
- Leading successful change
- Effective team management
- Emotional intelligence, managing yourself and others
- Financial management
Meet the facilitators
During her career, Tessa has held a number of roles: Head of History, Head of House, Head of Faculty and Professional Learning Mentor. She was awarded AST status in 2008 and has since used her skills and knowledge to support NQTs in Hertfordshire as well as colleagues in her own school to develop their teaching and learning strategies.
During her career, Hazel has held a number of senior roles including Assistant Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher and more recently the Chief Operations Officer for the Scholars’ Education Trust. In her leadership roles, Hazel has been responsible for support staff winning the nationally prestigious “School Business Manager of the Year Award” and becoming a Fellow of the Association of School Business Managers. She has extensive experience of delivering keynote speeches and providing bespoke training on a range of different themes and topics.