A programme of four sessions focusing on the essential skills required to be an outstanding middle leader.
This course is hosted at Sandringham School and St Albans Girls’ School in St Albans.
Twilight sessions will run from 4.00pm to 5.30pm on the following dates:
- Monday 23rd September 2019 at Sandringham School
- Thursday 10th October 2019 at Sandringham School
- Thursday 14th November 2019 at St Albans Girls’ School
- Wednesday 11th December 2019 at St Albans Girls’ School
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at those who are already in positions of middle leadership and who wish to develop, refine and enhance their leadership qualities. The sessions will provide an opportunity to reconsider aspects of leadership including vision, strategic direction and managing teams. These sessions are aimed at both curriculum and pastoral leaders.
What are the objectives or outcomes?
These sessions will support you in:
- Redefining your vision and values as a middle leader
- Drawing together theory and practice
- Sustaining effective leadership
Areas of Focus:
The areas of focus will include:
- The nuts and bolts of middle leadership
- Effective approaches to support and develop your team
- Tracking students progress, data analysis and interpretation to inform teaching.
- Self-evaluation, monitoring and moving forward to build capacity
Meet the facilitators
Paul Kershaw is Assistant Head at St Albans Girls’ School where he has responsibility for KS4 and learning and teaching. Paul has also delivered CPD for SSAT (The Schools, Students and Teachers network), Challenge Partners and within STAGS.
Thom Leat is Director of Learning: History at Sandringham School.