This programme of four sessions will focus on the essential skills required to be an outstanding middle leader.
This course will be hosted in the Teaching & Learning Hub at St Albans Girls’ School, St Albans or will be delivered virtually according to COVID guidelines at the time of each session.
Twilight sessions will run from 4.00pm to 5.30pm on the following dates:
- Session 1: Monday 16 November 2020 – live google meet
- Session 2: Wednesday 9th December 2020 – virtual
- Session 3: Wednesday 27th January 2021 – virtual
- Session 4: Thursday 15th April 2021 – virtual
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at those who are already in positions of middle leadership and who wish to develop, refine and enhance their leadership qualities. The sessions will provide an opportunity to reconsider aspects of leadership including vision, strategic direction and managing teams. These sessions are aimed at both curriculum and pastoral leaders.
What are the objectives or outcomes?
These sessions will support you in:
- Redefining your vision and values as a middle leader
- Drawing together theory and practice
- Sustaining effective leadership
Areas of Focus
The areas of focus will include:
- The nuts and bolts of middle leadership
- Effective approaches to support and develop your team
- Tracking students progress, data analysis and interpretation to inform teaching.
- Self-evaluation, monitoring and moving forward to build capacity
Meet the facilitators
Paul Kershaw is Deputy Head at St Albans Girls’ School where he has responsibility for Learning, Teaching and Curriculum.
Karen Thomas is Deputy Head at St Albans Girls’ School where she has responsibility for Student Welfare and Progress.