This programme comprises six twilight sessions run throughout the school year. There is a celebration event for all ‘graduates’ at the end of the year.
You will be required to attend the following twilight sessions which run from 4.00pm to 5.30pm, at Sandringham School:
- Monday 15th October 2018
- Monday 26th November 2018
- Tuesday 15th January 2019
- Tuesday 5th February 2019
- Wednesday 13th March 2019
- Monday 10th June 2019
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at those aspiring to middle leadership and who wish to develop leadership qualities.
What are the objectives or outcomes?
This programme will support you in:
- Reflecting on your personal strengths
- Developing skills of leadership
- Exploring your own vision and values
Areas of focus
The final programme will be made available at the start of the course, however areas of focus will include:
- Management or leadership? Understanding leadership styles
- The nuts and bolts: Action planning for change
- Leading successful change: Effective team management
- Future pathways. Job applications and interview technique
- Emotional intelligence, managing yourself and others
- Numbers! Target setting and whole school finance
Meet the facilitators:
Facilitators on this course come from across our alliance schools.
What did others think?
“I have learned so many new techniques that I am already trying out in order to improve my own leadership skills.”
“The middle leader course allowed me to reflect on what type of leader I want to be and start to identify my own strengths and weaknesses in leadership style.”