This network is a chance for Heads of Mathematics to meet to discuss current issues in secondary phase mathematics education.
The group will meet termly at Samuel Ryder Academy from 4.00pm to 5.30pm on the following dates:
- Thursday 4th October 2018
- Wednesday 30th January 2019
- Tuesday 7th May 2019
Who is this course for?
Heads of Mathematics
What are the objectives or outcomes?
On this programme participants will:
- Discuss and reflect on changes to the mathematics curriculum and examinations
- Discuss the challenges facing Heads of Mathematics
- Share best practice
Areas of focus:
The course will include:
- Mathematics curriculum
- Recruitment and Retention
- Stretching More Able Students and Enrichment
Meet the facilitators:
Kyle Barry is a Specialist Leader of Education with the Alban Teach School Alliance, currently leading a successful and expanding mathematics department at Samuel Ryder Academy. He has led whole school numeracy for a number of years, whilst concurrently managing pastoral development as a Head of Year.
Kyle has experienced the positive impact of communication through his work across a range of schools throughout his career and has a passion for collaborative working.