This network is a chance for Heads of Mathematics to meet to discuss current issues in secondary phase mathematics education, to form good cross-school relationships and share best practice.
The group will meet termly from 4.00pm to 5.30pm on the following dates:
- Tuesday, 6th October 2020 – this will be a live webinar (google meet)
- Thursday 28th January 2021
- Tuesday 8th June 2021
Reporting instructions will be emailed to you a few days before each session.
Who is this course for?
Heads of Mathematics
What are the objectives or outcomes?
On this programme participants will:
- Discuss and reflect on changes to the mathematics curriculum and examinations
- Discuss the challenges facing Heads of Mathematics
- Share best practice
Areas of focus:
The course will include:
- Mathematics curriculum
- Recruitment and Retention
- Stretching More Able Students and Enrichment
Meet the facilitators:
Jeff Hughes started his career as a qualified teacher in Hertfordshire and since then has worked in schools in South Africa and London before returning to Hertfordshire as Curriculum Lead for Maths at St Albans Girls’ School.