The Science Teacher Network for the 2019-20 Academic year will comprise of two structured professional learning sessions offered in conjunction with the Science Learning Partnership.
These sessions will be hosted at Sandringham School from 4.00pm to 6.00pm on the dates below and both sessions are included in the £25 network cost. If you are only able to attend one session please book as normal and email firstname.lastname@example.org separately – we will charge individual sessions at £13 each.
Tuesday, 24th March 2020 – Engaging and ensuring progress of low attainers in science
This course provides participants with strategies to improve the progress made by low attaining students in science. it supports the development of numeracy and literacy skills in Science and the identification of science misconceptions.
- develop strategies to improve student motivation to engage by linking the interests of students to the curriculum
- identify new and interesting challenges to incorporate into science practical teaching
- apply new methods to support students with the unique literacy challenges linked to science achievement
- develop a 5 year numeracy road map to support improved attainment in numeracy
Tuesday, 23rd June 2020 – Applying knowledge and understanding in science
Develop the ability of your students to apply their knowledge and understanding of scientific ideas, scientific enquiry, techniques and procedures. This course focuses on the demands of AO2 in exam specifications and offers practical advice and suggestions on how to develop application and problem solving skills
You will be able to:
- explore a range of ideas to improve the accessibility of AO2 questions to your students
- understand which topics are more challenging and why
- develop strategies for building application and problem solving skills
Who is this course for?
Heads of Science, Teachers of Science