This network is a chance for subject leaders in MFL to meet to discuss current issues in secondary phase languages education, to form good cross-school relationships and share best practice.
The network will consist of 3 sessions held virtually on google meet at 4pm across the academic year as follows:
- Session 1: Monday 23rd November 2020
- Session 2: Monday 8th February 2021 – POSTPONED TO 2ND MARCH TBC
- Session 3: Summer Term to be agreed at the end of session 2
Who is this course for?
Heads and Seconds in Languages Departments
What are the objectives or outcomes?
On this programme participants will:
- Discuss changes to the MFL curriculum.
- Discuss the challenges facing teachers of MFL.
- Share best practice.
Areas of focus
The course will include:
- Facilitated sessions.
- Reflection and review.
- Planning next steps.
Meet the facilitators
Sue Lutz, Head of MFL, Beaumont School
Sue is an experienced Head of MFL, having led her first department at The Hemel Hempstead School in 2002 and moving to Beaumont in 2010. Sue has worked as an examiner for both AQA and Edexcel. She has organised many training and networking events in Hertfordshire, is active in the MFL Twitter community and runs her own blog www.headoflanguages.co.uk