The ATSA are delighted to offer Moving into Senior Leadership as a new programme for 2020-21.
This programme will consist of six sessions (virtual or face to face in accordance with COVID guidelines at the time) across the year with the opportunity to shadow a senior leader at a different school.
Each facilitated session will run from 4.00pm – 5.30pm unless otherwise stated in the full programme.
A detailed programme will be distributed to delegates prior to session 1 and may include virtual delivery as required.
|Session 1||Tuesday, 10th November 2020||Defining your leadership style
Introduction of 360 feedback
|Alison Diana, Management & Executive Coach and Consultant
Venue: Live Webinar
|Session 2||Monday, 30th November 2020||Establishing your vision||Karen Paul, Assistant Headteacher
Venue: Live Webinar
|Session 3||Tuesday, 12th January 2021||The language of leadership||Alison Diana, Management & Executive Coach and Consultant
Venue: Live Webinar or Sandringham School tbc
|Session 4||Tuesday, 9th February 2021||Dealing with difficult conversations||James Shapland, Headteacher & Tamara Kirk, Assistant Headteacher
Venue: Live Webinar or Ashlyns School tbc
|Session 5||Tuesday, 23rd February 2021||Getting through the door
Interview and CV preparation
|Phil Newbery, Deputy Headteacher
Venue: Live Webinar or Sir John Lawes tbc
|Session 6||Thursday, 18th March 2021
MOVED TO 8TH JULY
|What does being a Senior Leader look like?
Networking session with members of the STAGS SLT.
|Paul Kershaw, Deputy Headteacher
Venue: St Albans Girls’ School
Who is this course for?
Leaders who have the skills and experience to move into school senior leadership but are yet to take that step.
- To support delegates in reviewing and evaluating own strengths and areas for development through.
- To support delegates in developing a direction for their future career, from middle into senior leadership.
- To facilitate discussion of different styles and effectiveness of approaches to leadership.
- To encourage delegates into different school contexts to inform their views of current practice and what leadership looks like To consider practical approaches to developing and consolidating skills for future career developments.
- To support delegates in next step promotions into senior leadership.
- Delegates are sure of their strengths and areas for development.
- Delegates feel equipped for the next step career changes and developments.
- Delegates have practical approaches to use when making next step decisions.
- Delegates’ views of leadership are informed by a range of contexts and experiences from outside their current context.
An external management and executive coach and consultant and experienced leaders across our Alliance Schools will assist with the delivery of this programme and are included in the programme above.