A set of three twilight sessions to develop new senior leaders into their roles as Assistant Headteachers.
This course is hosted at Sandringham School and Samuel Ryder Academy. Twilight sessions will run from 4.00pm to 5.30pm on the following dates:
- Tuesday, 1st October 2019 at Sandringham School
- Monday, 4th November 2019 at Samuel Ryder Academy
- Monday, 11th November 2019 at Sandringham School
Who is this course for?
- Teachers new to Assistant Headteacher positions
- Teachers completing Associate Assistant Headteacher positions
What are the objectives or outcomes?
On this programme participants will:
- Network with other senior leaders from local alliance schools
- Develop strategies for becoming an outstanding school leader
- Become confident in developing initiatives and systems for effective school management
Areas of focus
The course will include:
- Consideration of leadership in different contexts.
- Efficient systems and effective time management as a senior leader.
- Strategies for leading change and whole school improvement.
Meet the facilitators:
Glen Pettengell is Deputy Headteacher at Roundwood Park School (RPS), serving in his sixth school, having been a Headteacher and an Ofsted Inspector along the way.
After 12 year of senior leadership, Glen has led and managed all the main areas of whole school responsibility and successfully introduced significant change in a number of different contexts; including school to school support with other senior leaders.
Lucy Miles has been on the SLT at Samuel Ryder Academy since its inception in 2012, firstly as an Assistant Headteacher and more recently as Deputy Headteacher. Lucy’s responsibilities include the development of T&L and CPD for staff of all phases of the all through academy.
Her responsibility for T&L has led to her close involvement with the ATSA with initiatives such as the Women in Leadership programme and the annual ATSA conferences.