A two part training course for teachers new to mentoring trainees in their Initial Teacher training year or as NQTs.
This will consist of two sessions which will run as follows:
- Session 1: Thursday, 27th September 2018. 8.30am – 10.00am at Beaumont School, St Albans
- Session 2: Thursday, 11th October 2018. 8.30am – 10.00am at Sandringham School, St Albans (not the previously stated time of 2.00 – 3.30pm)
Who is this course for?
Teachers who are new to mentoring colleagues as part of Initial Teacher training through QTS, PGCE, Returner teacher programmes or in their NQT year.
What are the objectives or outcomes?
On this programme participants will:
- Become familiar with the new standards for Initial Teacher training
- Work with experienced mentors in effective strategies for supporting and developing trainee teachers
- Gain an informed overview of the responsibilities in meeting both teacher standards for trainees and mentor standards.
Areas of focus
- Training for effective mentoring to support colleagues to meet the teaching standards and be reflective on their practice.
- Ways to successfully deliver the national standards for Initial Teacher training.
- Delivery from experienced mentors in strategies to support colleagues in their training or NQT year
Meet the facilitators
Zoe Shepherd is Assistant Headteacher at Beaumont School responsibilities include ITT, NQTs and new staff Induction. Previously an AST and Head of Department, Zoe has worked with other schools to raise standards of Teaching and Learning across the curriculum.
Yvonne Adshead is Assistant Headteacher with responsibility for professional development, performance appraisal, leadership development, Coaching and Mentoring, ITT and NQTs. Line management of MFL and Design and Technology. Sociology Lead Teacher.