This programme comprises of four twilight sessions run throughout the school year for secondary NQTs and is hosted across our alliance partner schools.
- Session 1: The first session will be delivered as a pre-recorded webinar from Thursday, 17th September 2020 by Tessa Miles from St Albans Girls’ School.
- Session 2: Monday, 9th November 2020 pre-recorded webinar by Helen Skelton and Zoe Shepherd from Beaumont School.
- Session 3: Tuesday, 26th January 2021 – webinar by Athena Pitsillis from Sandringham School
- Session 4: Wednesday, 17th March 2021 – pre-recorded webinar by Beth Fraser, Sir John Lawes School
Session 1: September 2020
- Questioning – how to make this effective
- Quick ideas for bringing into the classroom to reduce planning time
Session 2: November 2020
- Memory and retention of knowledge
- Looking after your voice
Session 3: January 2021
- Student Progress and use of data
Session 4: March 2021
- Differentiation – Working with small groups / low ability students
Who is this course for?
This highly popular network is aimed at secondary NQTs who wish to establish supportive links with colleagues.
What are the objectives or outcomes?
This programme will support you in:
- Sharing good practice
- Developing subject knowledge
- Exploring questions in a friendly and collaborative forum
Areas of focus
The programme will be developed according to feedback and suggestions from delegates as the year progresses.
Meet the facilitators
Facilitators on this programme are Professional Mentors and Senior Leaders from across Alban Federation schools.