This programme comprises of four twilight sessions run throughout the school year for secondary NQTs and is hosted across our alliance partner schools.
- Session 1: the first session will be delivered as a pre-recorded webinar from Thursday, 17th September 2020 by Tessa Miles from St Albans Girls’ School.
The remaining three twilight sessions will run from 4.00pm to 5.30pm as follows:
- Session 2: Monday, 9th November 2020 at Beaumont School facilitated by Helen Skelton
- Session 3: Tuesday, 26th January 2021 at Sandringham School facilitated by Athena Ptsillis
- Session 4: Wednesday, 17th March 2021 at Sir John Lawes School
Session 1: September 2020
- Questioning – how to make this effective
- Quick ideas for bringing into the classroom to reduce planning time
Session 2: November 2020
- Quality answers
- Memory and retention of knowledge
- Looking after your voice
Session 3: January 2021
- Student Progress and use of data
Session 3: March 2021
- Differentiation – Working with small groups / low ability students
Who is this course for?
This highly popular network is aimed at secondary NQTs who wish to establish supportive links with colleagues.
What are the objectives or outcomes?
This programme will support you in:
- Sharing good practice
- Developing subject knowledge
- Exploring questions in a friendly and collaborative forum
Areas of focus
The programme will be developed according to feedback and suggestions from delegates as the year progresses.
Meet the facilitators
Facilitators on this programme are Professional Mentors and Senior Leaders from across Alban Federation schools.