Do your GCSE students…
- find it hard to motivate themselves?
- struggle to create the momentum for longer study periods?
- fail to use their time effectively?
- don’t know how to memorise large amounts of information?
Smart Revision will consist of three twilight sessions hosted at Sandringham School from 4pm to 5.30pm on the following dates:
- Tuesday, 5th November 2019
- Monday, 13th January 2020
- Monday, 16th March 2020
Who is this course for?
- SLT with teaching and learning responsibilities
- KS4 Raising Standards Leaders
- Heads or Year 10 & 11
Key features of the course
- Understanding the brain
- Motivational tools
- Developing an effective study focus
- Study skills techniques
- Time management strategies
- Explaining smart revision
- Tried and tested follow up tools for all students
- Creating a whole year-group revision momentum
Meet the facilitator
Martijn Van der Spoel
Dr Martijn van der Spoel is chartered Educational Psychologist with more than 20 years experience working at UK schools. Yearly he speaks to over 10,000 students as well as providing presentations at INSET days and parents evenings. Martijn’s passion is to help students understand the psychology of studying. In his sessions he not only explains the ‘how’ but also the ‘why’ of effective study techniques.