You are required to fill out a Participant Eligibility form before booking one of our TSST courses.
Once completed, you can return to this page to complete your booking.
The programme will up-skill non-specialist and returning teachers, developing subject knowledge and refreshing pedagogical approaches in MFL.
This course will be hosted at schools in the St Albans and Harpenden areas and will consist of the following sessions:
Full days run from 9:00am to 3:30pm
Afternoon sessions run from 4:00pm to 6/6:30pm
- Wednesday, 21st November 2018: 4:00pm – 6:00pm, venue tbc
- Tuesday, 15th January 2019: 9:00am – 3.30pm at Beaumont School
- Tuesday, 29th January 2019: 4:00pm – 6:00pm at Roundwood Park School
- Monday, 11th March 2019: 4:00pm – 6:00pm at Roundwood Park School
- Thursday, 25th April 2019: 9:00am – 3:30pm at Sandringham School
- Tuesday, 11th June 2019: 4:00pm – 6:30pm at Roundwood Park School
- Tuesday, 2nd July 2019: 4:00pm – 6:30pm at Roundwood Park School
Who is this course for?
There will be an opportunity to complete one of two training streams: One for teachers looking to add a language (French, German or Spanish) and the other for those wanting to enhance current practice (e.g. staff with little UK classroom experience, or who are teaching out of specialism)
What are the objectives or outcomes?
An initial audit of delegate needs will inform the programme content, however the overall focus will be on:
- KS3 & KS4 MFL learning
- Progression through each of the core skills
- Planning and assessment
- Teaching models for peer evaluation to develop subject specific communication/ teaching skills
- Online support forum with questions answered by subject specialists
- Coaching in context by SLE coaching team
- In-school mentor support
Areas of focus:
The course content will be developed following the initial needs audit.
Meet the facilitators:
Laura Davies is a Head of MFL at Roundwood Park School. She has been a Professional Coach at the school since 2011 and has shaped the development of a coaching culture at Roundwood Park.
She is committed to her MFL outreach work in her role as an SLE, having established a successful primary support group in the local area.