Within secondary schools, just 38.2% of headteachers are female (compared to 73.8% of all classroom teachers). (Source: School Workforce in England: November 2015 statistical first release). We are working with the DfE to support aspiring female leaders by offering this established programme.
Programme to include:
- 8 twilight sessions from 4pm to 6pm/6.15pm.
- 1-2-1 coaching with Senior Management Coach and Consultant
- Post programme Conference
Female leaders who have the skills and experience to move into school leadership but are yet to take that step.
- Delegates are supported in reviewing and evaluating own strengths and areas for development.
- Delegates are supported in developing a direction for their future career, from middle into senior leadership.
- Delegates develop a broader understanding of different styles and effectiveness of approaches to leadership.
- Delegates feel equipped for the next step career changes and developments.
- Delegates’ views of leadership are informed by a range of contexts and experiences from outside their current context.
- Delegates consider practical approaches to developing and consolidating skills for future career development.
|Session 1||Thursday, 28th February 2019 – twilight at Samuel Ryder Academy|
|Session 2||Wednesday, 20th March 2019 – twilight at Sir John Lawes School|
|Session 3||Tuesday, 30th April 2019 – twilight at Sandringham School|
|Session 4||Monday, 13th May 2019 – twilight at Sir John Lawes School|
|Session 5||Thursday, 6th June 2019 – twilight at Monk’s Walk School (NOT Verulam School)|
|Session 6||Thursday, 13th June 2019 –twilight at Sandringham School|
|Session 7||Thursday, 27th June 2019 – twilight at Samuel Ryder Academy|
|Celebration event||Wednesday. 10th July 2019 – 3.30pm-5.30pm at St Albans Girls’ School|
|Conference||Thursday, 7th November 2019 – twilight event, external venue tbc|
Full programme of events for in between session activities and timings coming soon.
Each facilitated session will run as follows unless otherwise stated in the full programme: (precise timings subject to minor changes to fit with the host school’s timetable)
|Optional:||6.00pm to 6.15pm||Q and A with senior staff|
Facilitators: see full programme for details