Programme to include:
- 4 facilitated twilight sessions
- Shadow a Headteacher for the day
- Two 1-2-1 coaching sessions with Senior Management Coach and Consultant
- Celebration event
- Post programme Away Day
Within secondary schools, just 38.2% of headteachers are female (compared to 73.8% of all classroom teachers). (Source: School Workforce in England: November 2015 statistical first release). We are working with the DfE to support aspiring female leaders.
Female leaders who have the skills and experience to move into senior school leadership at Deputy Headteacher level, but are yet to take that step.
- Delegates are supported in reviewing and evaluating own strengths and areas for development.
- To support delegates in next step promotions within senior leadership.
- Delegates gain a broader understanding of different styles and effectiveness of approaches to leadership.
- Delegates feel equipped for the next step career changes and developments.
- Delegates’ views of leadership are informed by a range of contexts and experiences from outside their current context.
- Delegates consider practical approaches to developing and consolidating skills for future career development.
|Session 1||Monday, 26th February 2018 – twilight|
|Shadow a HT||Between Feb-Apr 2018 date tbc|
|Session 2||Wednesday, 25th April 2018 – twilight|
|Session 3||May-June 2018 date tbc – twilight|
|Session 4||Monday, 11th June 2018 – twilight|
|Celebration event||Tuesday, 10th July 2018 – 3.30pm-5.30pm|
|Away day||Thursday, 8th November 2018 – all day and evening|
Full programme of events for in between session activities and timings available on request.
Each facilitated session will run as follows unless otherwise stated in the full programme: (precise timings subject to minor changes to fit with the host school’s timetable)
|Optional:||6.00pm to 6.15pm||Q and A with senior staff|
Facilitators: see full programme for details