Our New to Assistant Headteacher programme for 2020-21 will be delivered as three twilight google meet sessions to develop new senior leaders into their roles as Assistant Headteachers.
Sessions will run from 4pm to 5pm followed by a Q&A session on the dates below.
- Session 1: Leadership in different contexts – Wednesday 25th November 2020
- Session 2: Efficient systems and effective time management for senior leaders – Monday 7th December 2020
- Session 3: Strategies for leading change and whole school improvement – Wednesday 20th January 2021
Who is this course for?
- Teachers new to Assistant Headteacher positions
- Teachers completing Associate Assistant Headteacher positions
What are the objectives or outcomes?
On this programme participants will:
- Develop strategies for becoming an outstanding school leader
- Become confident in developing initiatives and systems for effective school management
- Hold discussions with other senior leaders from local alliance schools
The course will include:
- Consideration of leadership in different contexts.
- Efficient systems and effective time management as a senior leader.
- Strategies for leading change and whole school improvement.
Meet the facilitator:
Tess Charlton is currently Assistant Head Teacher at St Albans Girls’ School