The Alban TSA can provide support for other schools in a variety of forms, always tailored to individual needs.
Amongst the alliance partners there is a wide range of experience in providing professional development and improving school performance at all levels and across all phases from our National Leaders of Education (NLE), National Leaders of Governance (NLG) and Subject Leaders of Education (SLE) and Alban Leaders of Education (ALE).
Personalised packages can be arranged through the Teaching School focusing on particular areas of support as required. Support can be for as little as half a day, for example visiting a successful department, or a much longer ongoing project over a number of weeks. Please get in touch to discuss your requirements.
Specialist Leader in Education (SLE) / Alban Leader of Education (ALE) Support
Typically, SLE/ALE support might include:
- Book Scrutiny – is your book scrutiny truly evaluating impact and progress over time or is it too focused on the superficial features of learning? Check your practice with a mini peer evaluation.
- Assessment and moderation – how well is your assessment embedded across the school or subject area? Make sure it is fully aligned and effective at all stages of the assessment process. How accurate is your moderation or prediction process? Is the assessment giving an honest view of progress and impact?
- Learning walks – are you using these for maximum impact?
- Lesson observation – opportunity to gain an objective view from a subject specialist on teaching practice and impact on learning
National Leader of Education (NLE) Support
Typically, NLE support might include:
- Carry out diagnostic visits. (1 day)
- Develop action plans, identifying key priorities and SMART targets. (1/2 day)
- Provide one-to-one telephone or email support. (3 hours)
- Provide follow up review meeting (2 hours)